12.21.2011

White Christmas Lollipops



No matter how old we are, we always feel like kids around Christmas time. Am I right? And, what better way to celebrate the holidays than by enjoying a popular treat from our youth, like lollipops? I made these white chocolate lollipops extra festive by adding red pomegranate arils and green pistachios. These colorful treats are so much fun to make, and even more fun to eat! The pomegranate arils explode in your mouth, kind of like Gushers. Remember those from your school lunchbox? So, feel like a kid again, enjoy these White Christmas Lollipops, and have a wonderful holiday season!


White Christmas Lollipops
Makes about 20

Ingredients

12 ounces white chocolate chips
Pomegranate arils
Shelled pistachios
Wax paper
Lollipop sticks (from Michaels)


Method

Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate chips, or microwave them in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until they have melted. Spoon chocolate onto wax paper and insert the lollipop sticks. Aim to make each one about 2 inches in diameter. Sprinkle each one with pomegranate arils and pistachios and then let them harden as they cool. Wrap lollipops individually in festive wrapping (also available at Michaels). Enjoy!

You can even get extra festive by decorating each lollipop like a poinsettia flower!

6 comments:

Liza in Ann Arbor said...

These are really cute. Alas, I don't think I'm going to get around to a homemade foodie gift this year. Unless...unless...I take your panettone recipe (which I've still got in my mind to make), and make "mini" panettones--yes, that's it!

Chrissy @ My Fare Foodie said...

Ooooo good idea! Happy holidays!

Unknown said...

these are so gorgeous! and i learned a new word: arils

Chrissy @ My Fare Foodie said...

Thanks, Gwen! Ha ha. Happy to impart a bit of wisdom.

lynn said...

such a great idea! merry xmas!

Anonymous said...

I just added this feed to my bookmarks. I have to say, I very much enjoy reading your blogs. Thanks!