6.16.2011

Gwyneth's Roast Chicken


Remember when Gwyneth Paltrow was just an Academy Award-winning actress? Now, to add to all of her silver screen accomplishments, she is a dutiful mother of two, talented singing sensation, rock-hard fitness phenom, devoted wife to my favorite singer, and accredited cookbook author. Based on all of these traits, I should hate the woman, but strangely, I don’t. I am not ashamed to admit that the only Glee episodes I tuned into featured Gwyneth, and I thought she absolutely rocked. It really bothers me when I read all of the negative comments on blogs from the Gwyneth haters. I believe all of that hostile negativity stems directly from other’s insecurities and jealousies.


People just can’t seem to handle the A-lister’s seemingly perfect lifestyle and her willingness to put herself out there. I have tremendous respect for anybody who steps outside of their comfort zone and tries on a new hat, so to speak. Gwyneth’s often ridiculed website, GOOP, is simply another way for her to express her thoughts, share positive advice, and encourage readers to “nourish [their] inner aspect.” She also posts great recipes, such as this one for roast chicken. Now, before I receive any comments regarding my girl crush, realize that I’m simply here following her super easy recipe....and clearly gushing about the wonder that is Gwyneth. Also, love her or hate her, the girl can make a mean roast chicken.


6 comments:

Melissa said...

Her book with Mario Batali on Spain is really good too. There are some great recipes there.

Melissa said...

That video actually made me like her more. I typically don't like the idea of removing bones because they add flavor, but it seems like a really easy way to roast a chicken quicky. The only thing I would change is to remove the foil maybe 10 minutes before it's done to get a crispier skin. Otherwise, I will try this!

Chrissy @ My Fare Foodie said...

Good call, Melissa. And, yes, I too removed the foil to make the skin crisp. Unfortunately though, I covered it with foil again as it rested, and then the skin ended up steamed. No more crispiness :(

Andrea Reh said...

I really want this book - would you recommend it?

Just discovered your blog. Would love it if you popped by mine sometime.

Andrea x
andreareh.blogspot.com

Chrissy @ My Fare Foodie said...

Hi Andrea, yes, I would definitely recommend that book. Although, you can see that I am completely biased toward anything Gwyneth related. Haha. P.S. Love your blog!

rebecca said...

what i love most is that it's, GWYNETH PALTROW'S chicken. it looks delish no matter what movie star made it.