3.02.2011

Elk Tenderloin in Blueberry Peppercorn Sauce





Talk about an antioxidant overdose! Blueberries, brussel sprouts, and purple potatoes, oh my! Can you take a guess as to what we drank with this free radical-fighting feast? That’s right – red wine!

My incredibly generous boss gave me this elk tenderloin from her Wyoming ranch. I loosely based this dish on an amazing dinner that I recently had at Cafe Diva in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. This restaurant is so fantastic. If you are ever in Steamboat, go!! Anyway, I marinated the elk tenderloin overnight in lots of delicious ingredients – Worcestershire sauce, evaporated cane juice, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, pink peppercorns, rosemary, Dijon mustard, roasted garlic, and macerated blueberries. I then pan seared it on all sides and finished roasting it in the oven, alongside my brussel sprouts and purple potatoes. To finish it off, I created a sauce from the marinade by reducing it in the pan used for searing the tenderloin.

The finished product was absolutely amazing! Note to self: Suck up to the boss more often.

1 comment:

Allen said...

Great post thanks for sharing it